– Hey music ministers & pastors… You will love this! See 10 tips on how to wear suit!
Achieving that perfect look with your suit may be a little tricky. One little tiny miny mistake can knock off your whole perfect look so detail is everything when you want to suit up! Below are few tips on how to achieve that perfect look! Remember, the key to owning your suit is making your look appear effortless.
1. FIND THE RIGHT SHOULDER FIT FIRST
Did you know shoulders are the hardest area to tailor on a suit? Avoid the dreaded shoulder divot, and instead choose a suit that fits your shoulders best when shopping off the rack. Your tailor can easily take in the waist and adjust for length, so shoulders should be your primary concern when suit shopping.
2. GET YOUR SLEEVE AND PANTS TAILORED
A good fit is the first step to looking fresh in a suit. Without a suit that hugs and hangs from your body in all the right places, you’ll look sloppy and disheveled — no matter how hard you try. Invest a few extra bucks in tailoring your suit to get the perfect fit, and you’ll instantly look more polished.
3. INVEST IN A QUALITY DRESS SHIRT, BELT AND SHOES
Sure, you know suits are an investment, but what about the rest of your look? A quality shirt, belt and shoes go a long way in tying together your professional look. Don’t skimp on these, or you’ll cheapen your suit.
4. SAVE YOUR SUIT WITH A SLEEK UNDERSHIRT
In high-stress environments, sweat will find a way to soak through any barrier. Your dress shirt, your suit jacket — sweat will test the limit at the worst moment possible. Do yourself (and your co-workers) a favor, and wear an undershirt beneath your dress shirt. Blocking sweat from your dress shirt will help hide those jarring underarm sweat marks and help your shirts look fresher, longer. Opt for a sweat proof undershirt like Thompson Tee to guarantee no one sees you sweat.
5. CHOOSE A TIE THAT’S DARKER THAN YOUR SHIRT
Unsure which tie to choose? As a general rule of thumb when you wear suit, your tie should be darker than your shirt to create balance. Also, avoid matching the pattern of your tie and dress shirt. For example, with a checkered shirt, try a paisley tie to offset the more casual checkered pattern.
6. MATCH YOUR SHOES AND BELT WHEN YOU WEAR SUIT
Coordinating your shoes and belt is an easy way to create a more cohesive look.
7. EXPOSE YOUR SLEEVE CUFFS HALF AN INCH WHEN YOU WEAR SUIT
Long jacket sleeves look dated and sloppy. Show your attention to detail by exposing your sleeve cuffs half an inch.
8. PERFECT THE LENGTH OF YOUR TIE AND JACKET
While short ties might have been in during the 1940s, today they’re a major faux pas. Both extra-short and extra-long ties make you look disheveled and throw off the balance of your look. Your tie should just graze the top of your belt buckle or fall an inch below. But it should never reach below the belt. As for suit jackets, they should cover your pants zipper and butt.
9. MATCH THE WIDTH OF YOUR TIE AND LAPEL
This is one overlooked detail that makes a huge difference. When pairing a tie with your suit, be sure to match the width of your tie with the width of your lapel. This creates symmetry — an essential for rocking any suit.
10. WEAR LONG DRESS SOCKS & STEER CLEAR OF WHITE
Want to know a quick way to diminish your fresh look in a suit? Flash white athletic socks or a little leg when sitting down in an important meeting. Although you might not think anyone will see your socks, it’s sure to happen when you least expect it. Save some of your dignity, and invest in dress socks.
- Make A Bold Personality Statement With Monique’s Line Of Exotic Fragrances! - October 26, 2022
- Checkout Luxurious Fashion Frames From Eyewear By Judikay! - March 12, 2021
- Something For Everybody! Preye Odede’s Script Clothiers Collection – See How Tim Godfrey, Michael Stuckey & More Are Rocking It - August 12, 2020