Hello people of God, Today we are featuring this lovely post by Kenny K’ore. You’ve been blessed by his songs, be blessed by his words too.
What do you do when your Savior is the one behind your affliction?
Yes, the one that has broken your heart and left you in despair because not only is your waking moment a pain but when you sleep, you have nightmares;
Cry some more, if you must
Ask HIM to take your life
Ignore your family if they’re telling you to try other alternatives to Jesus [ in this case only one road leads to the market o ]
But then, why will God afflict His beloved?
1. Maybe You erred and the Father just wants you to realize it.
“My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; For whom the father loves, He chastens, and scourges every son whom he recieves.” Proverbs 3:11-12
2. Its inevitable. There is always a time of affliction in the christian life. Its not a curse, its a fact. Selwyn hughes says:
“All Christ’s disciples must realize a cross will arise where our concern and Christ meet – and it is a great challenge.”
“In this you greatly rejoice, though for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials. That the genuineness of your faith, being much precious than gold that perishes may be found to praise, honor and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ” 1Peter 1:6-7
3. It is for a greater purpose: Take Christ for example. He bore so much pain and agony so that he may set the whole world free. Imagine the agony he must feel everytime he remembers his life’s purpose is to die for the whole world. Like the time the Greeks came to Him in John 12:27:
“Now my heart is troubled, and what will I say? Father save me from this hour? But for this purpose I came to this hour.”
But errrrmmm! What you can never ever do is to stop submitting your life to HIM. Something constant in the three variables posited is the need to embrace it when God afflict you because He will never tempt you beyond that which you can bear.
“David said to Gad, ‘I am in great distress. Please let me fall into the hands of the Lord, for His mercies are great; but do not let me fall into the hands of man” 2 Samuel 24:14
By Kenny Kore
Contribution by Selah.
Scroll down to drop comment. God bless.
Join mailing list to by clicking the follow post button so that you can receive post in your mail box
- Metaphor Or Real History? Proofs That Show Earth Really Went Dark During Jesus’ Crucifixion - September 13, 2023
- Bible News: Offered Once & For All Mankind | By Alex Amos - July 12, 2023
- From South-East To The World! MaryJane Nweke Is Proclaiming Jesus On Streets, Stages & Pulpits! | Pre-Order New Single “OTUEKONG” - June 9, 2023