– Nigerian Rapper Yung 6ix Speaks On Love citing the ‘ascension’ of Eric Arubayi
– Calls out ‘colleagues’ about ‘fake love’
Gospel music minister who enjoyed mainstream popularity mainly because of his West African Idols 2007 runner-up position Eric Arubayi, passed on recently and it was a painful loss for many as the whole nation felt the impact.
Nigerian rapper Yung 6ix who shares the same state of origin with the Gospel music minister did not find the sudden affection for Eric amusing. He is of the opinion that most should have shown the same affection towards Eric while he was still with us.
In a brief interview with Hip TV, the prolific rapper shared his distaste saying what most ‘colleagues in the industry’ are showing is ‘fake love’.
“We lost one of our colleagues and lot of people started faking love on social media like we all knew this guy.” Yung 6ix said. “If you look at most people faking and showing fake love, they are not even following the guy. Most of them started following him after he died. Most people never posted his songs, most people where never there to support him as at the time he needed them but look at everybody now. Acting like they all wanted him to win. It was sad and i was hurt that they where taking advantage of something like that. Its not right. We are talking about life and death here. It’s not right. I’m not just speaking for myself but for people who had it in their minds and hearts but never had the guts to say it because it was being fronted by celebrities.”
- #SelahMusicVid: Esther Oji | Fragrance | Feat. GGTQ Allstars - December 1, 2023
- #SelahMusic: Multi-Talented Teenage Gospel Singer Ayosingz Releases Soul-Stirring Ballad “A Promise” - December 1, 2023
- #SelahMusicVid: Onos Ariyo | I Receive Your Light (Remix) | Feat. Magpsalms [@onosariyo] - November 17, 2023