I’m walking on a simple plan for my quiet time and I came across this. I’d earlier shared some rules for quiet time here but I found this very straight forward so I decided to share with us.
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.” – Psalm 91:1
1. Number one rule is to keep your plan simple.
2. Wait on God (Relax) — Be still for a minute; don’t come running into God’s presence and start talking immediately. Follow God’s admonition: “Be still and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10) Be quiet for a short while to put yourself into a reverent mood.
3. Pray briefly (Request) — Ask God to cleanse your heart and guide you into the time together. You need to be in tune with the Author before you can understand his Book!
4. Read Scripture (Read) — This is where your conversation with God begins. He speaks to you through his Word, and you speak with him in prayer. When you read your Bible, try to do it –
– Rick Warren
- Metaphor Or Real History? Proofs That Show Earth Really Went Dark During Jesus’ Crucifixion - September 13, 2023
- Bible News: Offered Once & For All Mankind | By Alex Amos - July 12, 2023
- From South-East To The World! MaryJane Nweke Is Proclaiming Jesus On Streets, Stages & Pulpits! | Pre-Order New Single “OTUEKONG” - June 9, 2023