So last week we started this topic: A FIXED HEART We want to say a big thank you to all our readers and those who have been dropping their views in the comment box. We really appreciate you all and we don’t take your views for granted.
BTW, do you know that Worship Leader, Don Moen was at Lagoon Restaurant in Victoria Island Lagos over the weekend? To facilitate a workshop and worship concert as hosted by Covenant Centre.
Anyways, let’s continue from where we stopped last week. Be blessed.
3. MEDITATE ON IT:
- “This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous and then you will have good success.” Joshua 1:8
The Hebrew word used to translate “meditation” according to this passage means “to speak” but there are also other translations of the word according to the Hebrew language which I will love for us to explore.
To Mutter: This means to speak to yourself quietly, under one’s breathe. When one is applying this behavior scripturally, one must be oblivion to everything happening around. This means to careless about who is observing one and would probably make jest out of it. One must say it repeatedly till the spirit convince the body to believe it. With believe will come knowing and the eventual manifestation.
Let’s try an exercise. Pick a scripture that speaks to your situation at this minute and mutter it to yourself several times. E.g. “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want” Psalm 23:1. Practice this over and over again till it becomes a part of you.
Muttering clips of the scripture will help control the mind gate from wild and fleshly thoughts.
To Chant: this refers to speaking out loud. At times, chanting has to do with a group of people speaking out loud with one voice, for instance, the whole congregation of the church reciting the scripture out loud.
When one chant out loud, it makes an impression on one’s mind. Therefore one can replace what comes into the mind with positive thoughts that comes from the scripture instead of dwelling on the negative pictures that life may be painting. I’m the type of person that whatever I hear ceaselessly during the day comes back rushing to me when I wake up in the middle of the night. Therefore, I will rather fill my thoughts with the scriptures and uplifting music so that it stays on my mind during the day and late at night. I encourage you to do the same. Note; There are three gates to the mind. The eye gate, the ear gate and the mouth gate. Start placing a lock on each gate.
- “ Therefore you shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down and when you rise up. And you shall write them on the doorpost of your house and on your gates. That your days and the days of your children may be multiplied in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers to give them like the days of Heavens on the earth.” Deuteronomy 11:18-21
To Muse: That is; to ruminate on. This was adapted from the attribute of the ruminant animals who, haven swallowed a meal, store it up to bring it back to their mouth later so they can chew on it some more. This is done again and again. In the same way we should meditate on the word, especially those ones that have become “rhema” to us. We should write it everywhere and say it to ourselves every time.
We meditate so that we don’t forget.
- “But be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourself… But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.” James 1:22-25
4. HEAR IT:
- “So then faith come by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Romans 10:17
God has placed us in different local assemblies and has ordained ministers so that we can always hear the word but the word must move from the physical ear to the spiritual so that our heart may be fixed on it.
- “He who has ear to hear, let him hear!” Matthew 13:9
I will conclude by saying prayer does not cause faith to work but it is your faith that causes prayer to work. Haven fixed your heart and you are fully convinced by your believe, then you can put forth your prayers and you will receive answers in Jesus name. Amen.
By Rev. Kenny Osoba
Heaven On Earth Ministries
Please scroll down to use comment box
Follow @selahonline for update
- Metaphor Or Real History? Proofs That Show Earth Really Went Dark During Jesus’ Crucifixion - September 13, 2023
- Bible News: Offered Once & For All Mankind | By Alex Amos - July 12, 2023
- From South-East To The World! MaryJane Nweke Is Proclaiming Jesus On Streets, Stages & Pulpits! | Pre-Order New Single “OTUEKONG” - June 9, 2023